Sydney Street Book
An aerial photo depicting Sydney Street from Water to First Street. To the right of this picture, is Horovitz Park.
This is the section of Sydney Street I am currently researching.
(Photo courtesy of Isaac Hunt.)
In May 2016, I decided to embark on a new journey, I decided to start a secondary project. I made the decision to write a book about Cornwall's historic Sydney Street. I have been researching Sydney Street homes between Water and Sixth Streets. My plan is to write about the history of the homes, the people who had them built, and the people who lived in these glorious structures over the course of their existence.
With that being said, I am looking for help with my research. The section of Sydney Street I have started with, is one that no longer exists (between Water and First Streets.) It is hard to write about a place that I have never seen, which is why I am looking for help.
I would love to speak with you if:
- You lived in a Sydney Street home between Water and Sixth Streets.
- You lived or knew of someone that lived in the buildings/homes on Sydney Street between Water and First Streets. (These structures were torn down in the late 1970s to make room for Cornwall Square.)
- You lived on Central Park Avenue.
- You attended St. Paul's Church.
- You attended Knox Church.
(If you attended either one of these churches, I am interested in learning about the history of each church, renovations the churches had, past ministers, etc. I want to tell their stories as completely as possible, to the best of my ability.)
- You have information or pictures of Aaron Horovitz or Central/Horovitz Park.
- You have information or pictures of Pearson Furniture.
I am interested in:
- Seeing old pictures of any of the properties on Sydney Street between Water and Sixth Streets.
- Learning about the families that lived in these homes.
- Hearing personal stories in association to the street.
- Learning as much information as possible about the homes and buildings between Water and Sixth Streets.
If you have any information about Sydney Street,
please contact me by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This is a rough sketch of the section of Sydney Street that I am currently researching: